INDICATION & IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
CYSTARAN® (CYSTEAMINE OPHTHALMIC SOLUTION) 0.44% is a cystine-depleting agent indicated for the treatment of corneal cystine crystal accumulation in patients with cystinosis.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
- To minimize contaminating the dropper tip and solution, care should be taken not to touch the eyelids or surrounding areas with the dropper tip of the bottle. Keep bottle tightly closed when not in use.
- There have been reports of benign intracranial hypertension (or pseudotumor cerebri) associated with oral cysteamine treatment that has resolved with the addition of diuretic therapy. There have also been reports associated with ophthalmic use of cysteamine; however, all of these patients were on concurrent oral cysteamine.
- CYSTARAN contains benzalkonium chloride, which may be absorbed by soft contact lenses. Contact lenses should be removed prior to application of solution and may be reinserted 15 minutes following its administration.
- CYSTARAN is for topical ophthalmic use only.
- The most frequently reported ocular adverse reactions occurring in ≥ 10% of patients were sensitivity to light, redness, and eye pain/irritation, headache and visual field defects.
Please refer to CYSTARAN’s full Prescribing Information, available here.